Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Always Check Before You Use New Words
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Always Check Before You Use New Words Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
A group protesting some government policy (it isn't clear what) refers to their action as "teabagging." They should have looked at Def #1 before they began a national campaign.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
My picture's there after def. #3 Frown

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
I first heard the term teabagging in the 1999 John Waters film Pecker. He talks about it and pit beef towards the end of this interview (link).

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Apart from Urban Dictionary - whose definitions I regard with considerable suspicion - I've not been able to find a definition for this term. What is it supposed to mean in political terms?

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. And the concise definition is...?

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Areola Humpinton's

Who dat? The linked article seems to be written by someone named Stuart Whatley.
Confused

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Who dat?

Ariana Huffington (link & link) who co-founded and edits the website linked to.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Ah! All is now pellucid! Smile

I do have a vague memory of her (or someone with a very similar name) in BBC TV panel games an age ago when she was Arianna Stassinopoulos.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
when she was Arianna Stassinopoulos

That's the one.

Posts: 1242 | Location: San FranciscoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I think of teabagging as putting tea bags on your eyes to limit bags under the eyes.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post