Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Message for arnie in wrong forum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message for arnie in wrong forum Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I've put this here because the problem at the moment appears to be with the community forum where I can't see anything. It shows a list of posts but just headings and a login/join message when I try to access anything. Other orums, at the moment seem OK. Any ideas?
(I've tried clearing cookies)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Weirder and weirder, some posts I can see but they show Log In/Join on the right and I can't reply to them. Some posts I can't see - I just get a blank screen apart from headings and the Log In Join message. Some posts I can see fine. I'm not sure if this is across all forums as I haven't had time to check yet.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Further checking - it's across forums. I have the same problem elsewhere. I'm baffled

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Well whatever it is, it isn't the settings on my computer as I've just connected on my old computer (still using the same ISP, T-Mobile) and the same problem is there.
Tomorrow I'll try from work with a different ISP.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is weird, Bob. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. We've already lost you from the chats...I'd hate to lose you from the discussion board, too!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
That is weird, Bob. If it were on one machine I'd say it was a problem with your cookies, but I can't see how it could affect two machines.

I've checked your membership permissions to access the various forums and they all look OK to me.

You were having an earlier problem with the unread posts; it seems likely that they are connected.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post