Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    The extraneous waffle-word
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The extraneous waffle-word Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
In another place we're discussing the apostrophe in an office memo that read, ""One topic that was addressed concerned Employee Coffee's."

The apostrophe isn't the only with "One topic that was addressed concerned ..."
Shouldn't it have been "One topic that was addressed was ..."?

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Probably, Shu. There was more discussion, too, about the inappropriate capitalization. After seeing that I read the rest of the e-mail today, and it was worse. Later he mentioned "Employee Coffee's" in some places and Employee Coffee's in other places.

I hope one of my e-mails isn't being analyzed somewhere on the Web, as his has been!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Quote "...Later he mentioned "Employee Coffee's" in some places and Employee Coffee's in other places..."

Just out of interest, did he get it right anywhere (employees' coffees, I would assume).

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post