Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Executive Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Why are bosses called "executives?" It's their underlings who actually execute the dictates of the boss, so what gives? Too bad it's not because they're the ones who get executed if the plans don't work! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arnie,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's too funny. Too bad in deed. I would suppose the derivation was rooted somewhere in the deep dark recesses of history when corporate responsibility actually meant something. They actually used to teach in MBA programs that executives were supposed to facilitate the execution of the goals and purposes of the organization. Now they just write mission statements.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I know we've discussed mission statements here ad nauseum. However, I've learned that a succinct and pithy mission statement really does provide clear direction and guidance to an organization. When I see a long, drawn-out one, with no clear statement, I often see a mediocre organization that goes in all directions, focusing on nothing special.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Oops! How do I correct the spelling of the topic heading? Red Face

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I dun it for ya, Asa. Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post