Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massage Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
Ah, the things that happen in our small leafy suburb. (Not the sinful big city of Chicago; here in the bosky burbs.) From the local weekly rag:
    Masseuse faces battery, disorderly conduct charges
    A massage at a Wilmette storefront therapy studio turned sexual, police said, leading to the arrest of a masseuse on misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct charges. According to reports, Jason Smith climbed atop a prone female customer while she was on a massage table. "I didn't do anything … I am innocent of all the charges," said the married father of three.
Now, I admit to a certain naivety about such things, but I'm pretty sure that a "father" is by definition male, and I'd thought that a "masseuse" is female. Did I think wrong? or did the press think wrong?

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of that going around ... but in Hawaii he's called a chiropractor.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, Masseur is the male massager and masseuse is a female one. Others may disagree.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a man who refers to himself as a masseuse.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know a man who refers to himself as a masseuse.

I know a man who dresses, behaves and refers to himself as a woman. It might be acceptable but I confess I don't really believe it's right.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I know someone here in Portland who counsels people with gender identity issues. Perhaps we could refer him/her/it/them to her?

It all boils down to the cops' being uhh, err, rubbed the wrong way. Roll Eyes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post