Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you thnik? Login/Join

posted
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Interesting! Still, I read your note with ease. There was an uproar in our elementary school when the teachers taught writing by the having the children write creatively as much as they could, never minding how they spelled words. I will say, the children wrote creative stories, but we parents wondered what would happen with their grammar and spelling in later years. One teacher comment was, "Well, computers have spellchecks and grammar checks."

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
"I tired and tired to read that and finally became too tried to continue".

I suppose it works OK just so long as the jumbled word does not become a genuine word.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Graham Nice
posted Hide Post
That's exactly how I read. I understood your note perfectly. Hence I can't bring myself to wear clothes made by FCUK and I never remember charcter's names from books. Isn't everyone the same?

Posts: 382 | Location: CambridgeReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
"Well, computers have spellchecks..."

And I thought that a spell checker was used by a practitioner of the black arts Wink

Posts: 150 | Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Found your message surprisingly easy to read, Morgan, despite the misspellings. I hope that doesn't keep people from at least trying to spell correctly.

Barbara Santin of Clearwater, Florida and her husband noticed a highway construction sign that read "EXSPECT DELAYS". Her husband took a picture of the sign and she sent it to Govenor Jeb Bush. She received an automated reply, so she called the St. Petersburg Times, which sent out a photographer and reporter to check out the sign. The sign was gone, but they noticed another one that read "NIGHTLY LANE CLOSEING BEGIN OCT. 8".

She told the Times that she had noticed misspellings in their paper, also. So when they printed an article about the signs, they ran it through spellcheck three times and consulted a dictionary.

Tinman

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post