Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    "Crackberry" - Word of the Year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Crackberry" - Word of the Year Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
USA Today: "Crackberry" is the winner of the 2006 Word-of-the-Year contest by the Webster's New World College Dictionary staff. Crackberry is a pun on the popular Blackberry PDA for its addictive constant-flow-of-communication quality. Among other contenders: neuroeconomics (an emerging field studying emotions activated in financial decisions) and carbon footprint (the effect one's daily activities, such as washing clothes or driving to work, have on the environment).

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I bet the Treo people are mad!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I bet the Treo people are mad!

Don't you mean the "Cracktreo" people?

WM

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Our company gives us a Treo, and I am secretly jealous that I don't have the Blackberry that everyone else seems to have. Roll Eyes

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
The company for which I work gives us pencils and notepads. Never runs out of electrons.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, in all fairness, I do travel a lot and have to keep up with email.

Remember the days of no email? I remember not that long ago when my colleague put her email address on her business card; I thought she was crazy. Now...that's practically the only way people communicate!