Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Walk like an Englishman...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walk like an Englishman... Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
What does that mean? As some of you know, my brother is doing a stint in Saudi Arabia, much like Bob is in China. He came back for a visit, and I asked if they noticed his Chicago accent because we get that all the time. He said, "No," and that in fact they tell him that he "Walks like an Englishman." Does that mean standing straight, do you think? However, I don't think he stands any "straighter" than the rest of us.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
No idea. Didn't you ask him? It's probably something local to Saudi Arabia. I've heard of "Walk like an Egyptian"...

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it a half-walk, half-run, whilst casting frequent nervous glances over one's shoulder?

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I did ask my brother and he had no idea what he meant. I don't think my brother asked for clarification, though. I imagine he thought it was something he should know.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post