Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salad shooter Login/Join

posted
Now the Western is back in vogue, and through pictures like Last of the Mohicans and Unforgiven, we get to learn new things, such as it was the Iriquois who invented the ~ --Bill Maher in Does Anybody Have a Problem With That?

I had understood the term to mean one who suffers diarrhea from eating too many veggies. So can anyone familiar with the expression elucidate--Thanks kindly

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Originally, if I remember correctly, one of the many products of the fertile mind of Ron Popiel, whose product "infomercials" used to be on TV every Saturday morning. However, the name qhickly caught on as being a vegetarian with the runs, as you said.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I'm a bit dense but I still can't see a connection to the Indians

posted Hide Post
Here's the full quote:
    Now the Western is back in vogue, and through pictures like Last of the Mohicans and Unforgiven, we get to learn new things, such as it was the Iroquois who invented the Salad Shooter.

I don't know if that link will work for you. If it doesn't,look up "Does Anybody Have a Problem With That" on amazon.com, and search the book for "salad shooter."

Searching for "salad shooter" on Google turns up a few additional definitions.

Tinman

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tin: Indeed it does but can any of them logically tie in with the Native American