Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Login/Join

posted
I recently bought a Radio Flyer toy wagon for Sue to use as a garden cart. The shipping box said, "Classic red wagon." To me this implied one that was identical to the "little red wagon" that Radio Flyer has built in Chicago for about a century. I was surprised to discover, despite its very high price, that it was made in China. To me, making it in some place other than Chicago violates the meaning of "classic." What say the rest of you?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
They probably mean it's the classic design they've plagarized.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I agree with you, Geoff, though I've been surprised about that before. I can't think of an example right now, though.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does Shufitz the lawyer think? It IS the Radio Flyer company - just the place it's built has changed, but they charge enough to build it in the US, thereby fooling those of us who think "classic" implies original in all respects.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I'll tell Shu to look at this.

It kinda reminds me of going to a Chinese restaurant and having a Latino waiter.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post