Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Plog" Login/Join

Picture of wordcrafter
posted
Elsewhere I mentioned my recent problems with Amazon's "Search Inside the Book" feature. I came across this while browsing Amazon's help pages:
    Enhancing Your Shopping Experience: Your Media Library / Your Store / Tags / Your Plog / Recommendations / E-mail Subscriptions / more...
What's a 'plog'?

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
From the Amazon website: "Your Plog is a personalized web log that appears on your customer home page."

It would appear to have been coined, portmanteaulike, from personalized web log à la vlog for video log and, rather infixedly, blawg for law blog.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Isn't that what kids call the plugs in some jugs? It's a term similar, if not the same.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The term isn't unique to Amazon, though it has a different meaning when used elsewhere. Inc. Magazine explains:
    Plog n. 1. A Web-based tool used by colleagues to keep tabs on group projects. 2. An Amazon trademark, which will presumably be used to sell more books.

Now that we're all familiar with blogs, along comes a new new thing: the plog. Though there are a variety of definitions for the term (which Amazon has trademarked), the most relevant concept for business owners is using blog software to create a password-protected project log -- or plog for short.

posted Hide Post
Aren't all weblogs personalized? Hopefully this is one of those Amazon test things that they won't carry on with.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post