Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The cultural right Login/Join

posted
Catchphrase evidently denoting a faction of the right wing defending tradition. Tens of thousands of Ghits but no defs

Can anyone suggest how long this expr has been around and provide or link to a fairly authoritative def without plowing through 48,000 Ghits--Thanks all

posted Hide Post
Many of the ghits are off point, as they are talking about 'right' in the sense of 'rights and duties'. However, there are even more ghits for "cultural left", so your queston seems to be well taken.

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
Dale I'd suggest you go to the "Advanced Search" feature of http://www.findarticles.com/ and do an exact-phrase search for "cultural right" and "cultural left". That site has a bit over 100 hits: more than I personally care to thumb through, but suitable for your research. You should be able to find something there fairly quickly.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shu, thank you for that link, I've ensconced it among my Favorites

However as I'm reluctant to generate my own defs I had hoped to hit pay dirt from somebody familiar with the expr

posted Hide Post
Forgive for bubbling this one back up, I won't make it a habit; but I fear my q wasn't perfectly clear

The expr "cultural right," for instance, implies more than conservative thinking, is more specific by excluding certain areas, eg, perhaps finance and international relationships or including others not immediately obvious

One may understand what is meant by "press," for instance, but this does not necessarily affirm that he knows what is meant by "durable press," by which he might infer the longevity of plywood

Thanks all once again

posted Hide Post
Forgive me but have I exhauseted our potential wealth of knowledge and experience on the issue