Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    More than you need to know
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More than you need to know Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
This is a blast. More than you ever thought possible about one word.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I really like the sign!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bea
posted Hide Post
Indeed - which is why I as a Teutonic tribeswoman always enjoy reading about a Dublin location called Furze Road.

Infantile, I know - but sometimes I am ever so easily pleased.

Bea

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw

posted Hide Post
I'm amused when I see the German word, "fahrt" on older German cars' ignition switches. An anthromorphic auspuff? Roll Eyes

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bea
posted Hide Post
Hahaha Geoff - the autobionic-mechatronic pressure release valve "Steve Austin"-style.

Long may it blow.

Bea

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw

posted Hide Post
If you'll recall, when Steve Austin's bionic eye was changing focus, it made a "poop-poop-poop-poop-poop" sound. That suggested the kind of outlook he had, I suppose.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
If you'll recall, when Steve Austin's bionic eye was changing focus, it made a "poop-poop-poop-poop-poop" sound.

He was originally a superhero with irritable bowel syndrome, a crappy concept eventually dropped.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I suspect that Geoff, Proof and Bea will get along quite well here. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
If you'll recall, when Steve Austin's bionic eye was changing focus, it made a "poop-poop-poop-poop-poop" sound. That suggested the kind of outlook he had, I suppose.

Hmmmm Confused as I had the dubious pleasure of consuming the show in the German dubbed version I can't help wondering what "poop-poop-poop-poop-poop" may have been converted to.

Bea

George Bernard Shaw

posted Hide Post
It was a series of electric noises, so probably not translated. Few noticed the sound since it was just a part of the background, much like the music that gets played in the background in order to steer the viewers' emotions in the desired direction.
Nevertheless, it sounded like "poop-poop-poop-poop-poop" to my untrained ear.