Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Are these word the same???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are these word the same??? Login/Join

posted
i Need a brief explanation on this two words; Hostage and Ransome, kindly assist as these word words are been used as same...

Posts: 12 | Location: Lagos,NigeriaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
joatfamoct27, I, too, would welcome you to the board if I were not suspicious of your motives. Can you tell us where a fella might be able to buy a dose of nigerian snake oil? The questions you ask and the syntax errors in your written English suggest that you are not as dumb as you want us to believe. Please prove to me that my suspicions are unfounded. Thanks.

PS ... are these two words the same, or different? Charlatan and Mountebank

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi jerry,
I don't understand what you meant by asking such question and invariably calling me a dumb, i presumed wordcraft is an group where you get to know what seems similar in usage but different.. anyway i dont't seem to find any fault in that but would like to know the very good sides of you....

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I think Jerry got out of bed the on wrong side.

Hostage is someone held for ransom (note that there's no e at the end). See hostage and ransom in OneLook.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Arnie,
Thanks for the concise explanation.i guess jerry woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol..