New
Find
Notify
Tools

snow bitch Login/Join

posted
730 hits but no defs. Either very new or not widely used

posted Hide Post
Interesting term, dale. Where did you come across it?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
A nasty snow bunny?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nerd: I can't tell you because it would be a breach of protocol

But I am dalehileman@verizon.net

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
If you recall, the term was used in the movie "Stepmom." I wonder if that was the first usage of it. About 2/3 way down the site, you will see that the boys called Annabelle "Frosty the snow bitch."

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it is used as Kalleh suggests, then it is simply a situational insult.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Apparently it was not used in this movie first. I just found that it is used in a 1973 book by Gore Vidal, "Burr," which I've not read. Has anyone read it? Is it clear from that book what it means?

posted Hide Post
Forgive me abjectly for bubbling this one back up, but if anyone has found or can guess at a def, I woujld be much obliged--Thanks all

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Here is the best I could find. I have been all over the net, and I can tell you there are a lot of smutty Blogs and forums that mention this word. On one forum it was clearly accused of being a racist term.

However, I think the best I can find is that it is used as a slang insult for a virgin. Here is the link about that.

On the other hand, someone from AWAD has this link and this quote from the 1973 Vidal book: "Muffled against the arctic air, I walked through the darkening grey streets, trying not to slip on frozen cobbles, to avoid snow bitches, to stay out of the path of the sleighs with their ominous thin tinkle and clatter of bells, and their terrifying propensity to slide wildly out of control, smashing the legs of horses - and of the poor who like myself walk."

I suspect it started as a witch-shaped (or similarly shaped) snow mound as the 1973 book cited and the picture shows, but then has evolved into disdainful slang for a virgin or frigid woman. (It's always about women, isn't it? Roll Eyes)

That is merely my conjecture because I never did find a pure definition of it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dalehileman:
Forgive me abjectly for bubbling this one back up, but if anyone has found or can guess at a def, I woujld be much obliged--Thanks all

I will certainly forgive you, though I refuse to do so abjectly. You may well be abject. I certainly am not.

Smile

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob: Good point, I should read my followups more carefully

kalleh: Thank you for those links. A tentative def is emerging: snow formation thought to suggest femininity

Further inputs appreciated