Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Misplaced Mortifier?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misplaced Mortifier? Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
On the Kidsource.com website there's an announcement of a recall by a furniture manufacturer for a TV/VCR stand "...that can tip over after a baby's death." It should tip over BEFORE?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Big Grin It doesn't even make sense. Rather than a misplaced modifier, I think it is just poorly written! Of course it would tip over before the poor baby's injury (I am going to conclude that we in the nursing/medical profession can save this unfortunate baby!)

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's one to add to a very old thread: From the Muncie Star Press newspaper: "Formal molesting charges filed against Yorktown nurse" It seems the locals have both formal and casual versions of such perversions. Confused

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Great to see that very old 2004 post, by no other than you! Remember VCRs? It definitely dates us. I do agree with my response - it makes no sense at all. There was a horrible tragedy just yesterday where a 2-year-old got away from her grandmother in a store and pulled a shoe rack down over her, killing her. So sad. One second out of your sight and kids can get into so much trouble.

As for formal versus casual, I suppose they meant they filed charges, rather than just accused them? But I see your point.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post