Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    The Value of Beauty Queens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Value of Beauty Queens Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
It is always entertaining to listen and watch beauty contestants attempt to present and explain their 30-second solutions to vexing problems that defy experts in the subject presented.

But it is also educational since sometimes they entertain us by injecting new words into conversations. Such as Miss California did during an interview when she said, "Donald Trump came out on the stage and meeted with us."

I hope I'll be able soon to toss that word into a discussion.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe she meant he meated them.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I am amused by the idea that anyone would watch a beauty contest with the intention of listening to the contestants!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I find more than I want to know! I googled around about beauty pageants and found this site: Softpedia?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
I did love the "Are You Being Served" episode on PBS with the beauty pageant among the female staff, in which Mrs. Slocombe declared that her ambitions were to travel and "work with OLD people" (pointedly staring at Captain Peacock)!

Otherwise, I find beauty pageants totally annoying. Roll Eyes

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess other contestant mis-pronounced it because of nervous.

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Maybe she meant he meated them.

That would be giving her too much credit for intelligence.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh my. Click on this site, and then watch the first YouTube. She is asked if she'd rather be beautiful or smart...and listen to her answer.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Not bad, actually! .. but she took too long to think of it LOL.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post