Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    email blast (blast email?)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

email blast (blast email?) Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
I first encountered the term “blast email” a week ago in my book club, now again today in a blog I’ve been reading daily for years. Google hits refer to it as a marketing tool—an identical email sent to many many addressees—and indicate that it’s falling out of favor [“too spammy”]. In both book club & blog, they referenced use by private citizens: the host sends a blast to the other book club members, a citizen sends a blast to her state and fed representatives. Is the term now “mainstream”? Have you heard it?

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never have heard it. I've only known it as "multiple recipients."

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Not heard it but I'd have easily guessed the meaning.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I hear it all the time - we send out blast emails, often referred to as "e-blasts," to alert people about changes or updates. I thought it was in common usage, but I guess not.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Kalleh, I'll bet it's common in the work world. My husband knew it. I travel to various PreK's, & it's its own bubble. I've noticed staff tend to be less digitally oriented. Screen-time is frowned on at that age, so there are no laptops in classrooms [nor teacher's desks to set them on]. Also, no need for director to communicate with staff via smartphone; every room in a school has an in-house phone, plus there's a PA system.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post