Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    A bawdy limerick wanted...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A bawdy limerick wanted... Login/Join

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
Asa, that's a great lim. You should post it on OEDILF under the word cajoled.

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, if you do, Asa, just expect it will be put in the cupboard, or whatever they call it. Heck they can't even deal with the word "shit;" they just put a bunch with the word "shit" on hold. I saw "Hell" severely criticized once, and the person wanted it held.

TrossL, it is good to see you back. I've been a little jealous because I see your name online over at OEDILF all the time, but not so much here!

[edit: Fixed a typo.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Are there any OEDILFers from France? They might also object to the description of Nantes.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
There are some peculiarly prissy people on OEDILF. Considering that there are no universal standards of behaviour, ethics and morals, it is rather silly to criticise a limerick because, for example, it is critical of the deity you happen to believe in. Refute the criticism with reasoned argument by all means, but don't write in white-hot dudgeon, insisting that the limerick be withdrawn.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Are there any horses? They'd be neigh-sayers too.

Now I'll crawl back under my rock and forget about limericks. Frown

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kalleh:
Heck they can't even deal with the word "shit;" they just put a bunch with the word "shit" on hold. I saw "Hell" severely criticized once, and the person wanted it held.
QUOTE]

Why would they put "shit" lims on hold? They should have just curtained them if they were questionable.

Further along those lines...
It seems that I have offended Mr. Doyle mightily with a little question I posed about where "head" comes, in the baseball analogy of sex. (1st base, 2nd base, etc.). Now here I am ready to write an apology letter when I decided to do a little research first. This same man who wrote a lim on autofellation (which by the way, is giving yourself head!!) is offended by my question?

Can you sense me getting pissed off? I am about to head (not the same meaning) into another hissy fit and quit that site again.
I have just been told in a PM that I have garnered the reputation as being sort of trailer trashy. Me??? Am I??
Shoot, Am I?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you sense me getting pissed off? I am about to head (not the same meaning) into another hissy fit and quit that site again.

I would sooner you didn't; it's not worth while getting into a stew about. Just so long as the attacks aren't offensively personal, I reckon you're best letting them fly on by. Although I have left sites myself, it's only when abuse gets personal that I do so; ordinary criticism and debate, fierce though it might be, I can cope with.

So far as your question is concerned, not having yet met you I would not presume to judge. But to date, all of the Wordcrafters I have met have been quite delightful people; I feel sure I will find you equally delightful when I meet you at the next Wordcraft Convention, in 2008.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that the whole thing is a huge undertaking, but I still can't escape the feeling that a whole lot of people over there are taking themselves way too seriously and need to get a life (even though I truly detest that phrase).

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have just been told in a PM that I have garnered the reputation as being sort of trailer trashy. Me??? Am I??
Shoot, Am I?

Absolutely not, TrossL. You are most delightful, and we've missed you a great deal.

As for the "shit" limericks, in the last post I read on the forum (though I admit I don't keep up with that forum) somebody said he was going to put them on "hold." I, too, was surprised. But then I don't even agree with the curtain anyway. A limerick is a limerick. Let's face it, most limericks are humorous and off-color. If some members can't even abide by the word "Hell," well, it's time to get rid of the prisses.
quote:
Just so long as the attacks aren't offensively personal, I reckon you're best letting them fly on by.

Richard, you have told me about your experiences on Beer Advocate. TrossL's PM sounds much worse than that. I'd say it has become personal.

As for CD, I am surprised at his response. I've always thought of him as being more ribald than most there and certainly more open-minded. I suspect someone PM'd him and got him going. That's how that site works. I used to be a part of another site where much went on in PMs. I think that can be dangerous.

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
We're just wondering ... if a BM is a Bowel Movement, what kind of movement is a PM ??Razz

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
what kind of movement is a PM ?
Well, our current PM, Blair, is a shit, and so is the PM-in-waiting, Brown.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We have 2 initials in our organization that a few of us think we need to get rid of: BM for Board Member and BS for Board staff. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
More truth than fiction?

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I've been blessed with fairly good health (so far) and have not had to stay in hospital as a grown-up. However, as a 10-year-old I was admitted for a minor operation on my knee. I still remember being approached by a nurse and being asked briskly, "Have you had a BM today?". Even when she explained that BM stood for "bowel movement" I was none the wiser. I recall that she was quite embarrassed at having to find another term, but don't remember what phrase she used to finally communicate the meaning of her question.

I certainly wouldn't connect "BM" with "bowel movement" normally, but I suppose the situation is likely to be different in the nursing profession.

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
I must admit, I posted this there, but since some of you don't go there, I thought I'd post it here too. ('Cause I really like it!)

Colonel Angus has gained much renown
As the most cunning linguist in town.
He won't boast, bray or brag,
But his tongue sure can wag;
Knows his subjects in, out, up and down!

(And yes, I owe my inspiration to Christopher Walken and SNL.)

posted Hide Post
quote:
since some of you don't go there

I confess it's been a while...;-)

Richard English

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard English:
quote:
since some of you don't go there

I confess it's been a while...;-)

Your poor wife... Wink

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even when she explained that BM stood for "bowel movement" I was none the wiser. I recall that she was quite embarrassed at having to find another term, but don't remember what phrase she used to finally communicate the meaning of her question.

Well, Arnie, things have changed since then...at least in the U.S. Now nurses walk it and say, "Have you peed or pooped today?" I suppose it would work for a 10-year-old, but I always feel embarrassed for the prim and proper 80-year-olds.

TrossL, I suspect your communnication (above) with Chris Doyle had more to do with his thoughts about OEDILF and less to do with you. Apparently, he is taking a break from the site for awhile. That's understandable since he has been so active over there.