Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Word Games    The dis- game
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The dis- game Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Just >bump<ing because I love this game, tho I'm w/o original ideas. It must be so DISTRESSING to be bald!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Perverse: pedophile's poetry

Universe: one-line limerick

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
Perverse: pedophile's poetry

ROFL!! I hear most of those poets hail frm Perversity.

Is a displaced person from the Bronx?

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Pervaded: What pedophiles do to their victims.

Perversion: Sandusky's side of the story.

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
For all my US friends ...

Congress is the opposite of progress.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, we so agree with that!

I was thinking that I'd like us to take health care benefits away from all three branches of government, the executive, legislative and judicial branches. Let them fend for themselves as 40 million other do in the U.S. I am not too sure, for example, if Dick Cheney would be going forward with that heart transplant!

Let them see what many Americans experience, and I think their minds would change.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Hear, hear!

[wiki on 'hear, hear', late 18th c: The overuse of the phrase by an eager member of the House of Commons led Richard Brinsley Sheridan, in one speech, to deviate from his planned text and say "Where, oh where, shall we find a more foolish knave or a more knavish fool than this?". The lone MP said "hear, hear."]

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
I am not too sure, for example, if Dick Cheney would be going forward with that heart transplant!

Sorry, you first need one to transplant. So his was an implant.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, you first need one to transplant. So his was an implant.

Big Grin

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I suppose the poor fellow must have been disheartened at some earlier stage of life

<Proofreader>
posted
I think the donor was disheartened.

posted Hide Post
When the US's most famous illegal alien, Cesar Milan's wife divorced him, was he disIlusioned?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
When the US's most famous illegal alien, Cesar Milan's wife divorced him, was he disIlusioned?

OK. I give up. What's the explanation? I have no idea who he is.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Nor had I. Wikipedia to the rescue, though. He's a "dog whisperer", apparently.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite television personalities. I love his series. Judging from the wiki report on the divorce settlement, he was not only disIlusioned but dispursed (dispenced?). However he was no longer an illegal alien at he time...

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
he was not only disIlusioned but dispursed

Denumerated?
I suppose once you lose your cash, you're going to the dogs.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
He had to lie doggo for a while but eventually was caninised in dogma.

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
He had to lie doggo for a while but eventually was caninised in dogma.

YELP!

posted Hide Post
Oh, well, I guess he can't bitch.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

posted Hide Post
The Contessa's cheap, overly critical spouse is the disCount.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
...who hastened to repair his reputation by titling his sons Recount and Uncounted.

<Proofreader>
posted
And the black sheep of the family, Noah Count.

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
... and the matriarch VisCount.

Regards Greg

<Proofreader>
posted
The family spinster, Miss Count.

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
And whilst Noah is clearly the black sheep, their regal status would suggest that pretty much the whole family has Noah Count ability.

Regards Greg

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Their fellow peer, Count Ing, must be included.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Because their such a tight bunch, a family get-together is always a close enCounter.

Regards Greg

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
And their Kingdom is of course their Country.

Regards Greg

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Ha ha, good run!

Have you met Miss Stitch? She & brothers Nit (bad hair)& Loop (talkative) can be found in Jersey.

<Proofreader>
posted
I thought you were funny before, Bethree5, but now youre a cardigan.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Sweater falls in chicken soup:
a stitch in thyme

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:

>sigh< guess I'm the only one who finds the Stitch family droll. Miss Stitch was 'an accident' according to her mom Ida Droptit. Cousin Popcorn the dot-com millionaire (imdb).. sister Cross (so fussy, so irritable)... Ember Oydery Stitch, related to the Knotts, has a large clan (it's whispered their progenitor was the fabled Native American, Running Stitch)..

<Proofreader>
posted
My knowledge of stitches is only sew-sew, thus it would prove unseamly were I to latch onto this thread. This is no fabrication and you shouldn't upbraid me if I try a different tack. Sorry if I twist and turn or imply I know more than I do. Do what you have to do to suture self.

posted Hide Post
Thank you, bethree5, for your comments from the distaff perspective.

And don't forget: a girl should never date a "bad boy" while wearing a sweater, 'coz he's bound to pull the wool over her eyes.

<Proofreader>
posted
Men engaging in embroidery goes all the way back to that great Greek philosopher, Sewcrates.

posted Hide Post
And ended with the great Swiss/French philosopher, Roussew.

<Proofreader>
posted
Or the Biblical king who made cuffs on everyone's pants, Sewlomon.

posted Hide Post
Or maybe the former Unitarian-Universalist preacher Marilyn SEWell. http://www.marilynsewell.com/

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Thank you, bethree5, for your comments from the distaff perspective.

very cool word I'm impressed..

You mean dis staff here? Da one Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger on?

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Da one Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger on?

Or vice versa

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
What a great picture and reply! Unbelievable. Cannot imagine being inspired by such an ad to buy the product advertised!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Or the Biblical king who made cuffs on everyone's pants, Sewlomon.

I just realized he wasn't Jewish but Jamaican.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
as in reggae hit
"Jamaica nuthah pantcuff, So-o-ul'a' mon?

<Proofreader>
posted
Do you realize that a sad person run over by a steamroller can no longer be depressed?

posted Hide Post
Yaahbut - if he stands up he can be repressed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bethree5:
as in reggae hit
"Jamaica nuthah pantcuff, So-o-ul'a' mon?

You still got dreadlocks, B35? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Perhaps you've noticed that the use of "dis" has changed back to where it used to be. This is called Disperson's Cycle.

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
This is called Disperson's Cycle.

Or' My Menses".

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
When fellow members threatened to expel his friend from the Order of Raccoons, Ed, Grand High Exhalted Mystic Ruler, cried, "I forbid you from dislodging Ralph from dis lodge!"

posted Hide Post
Just as I got inside the Big Top I spied somebody else buying the last hot dog. This was the wiener of my dis-con-tent.